Saturday, January 28, 2012

Relationship Leadership

What is Rational Leadership?, you asked. Well I'm glad you asked. Rational Leadership is a model that focus on the effectiveness of leadership such as purposeful, inclusive, empowering, ethical, and process-oriented. 


Out of all the elements, I am most comfortable with the purposeful element. 


I believe that everything happens for a reason, whether if it is good or bad. Without purpose what would be the meaning for half the things we try to accomplish in life. For example, many people goes to college for a better education to seek higher paying jobs, to get a job that interest them that requires an college degree, to meet new people, find love, e.t.c. But let's be real, how many people would actually go to college and spend thousands of dollars to go if there wasn't a purpose behind them to go because I know I wouldn't. It would be a waste of money and time if I did. Everyone may not know what their purpose is as of right but eventually they will find one.

Not only am I comfortable with the purposeful element, I am also comfortable with the inclusive element. 



I feel that being inclusive enhances your knowledge about people, such as your friends, and where they come from. I consider me and my group of friends as inclusive. Some of us are African American, White, Asian, Japanese, Jewish, Jamaican, and Puerto Rican. We all have similar and different values, styles, and individuality. For instance, my Jewish friends do not celebrate Christmas but the rest of us do. But one thing that we all have in common is that we respect everyone cultures and do not put each other down because of who they are and where they are from. 

My friend Olivia's birthday party
When we went Ice Skating
At CVS taking pictures with Brutus!

*You may not be able to see all the different races but I think it gives an idea of what I am trying to explain.
Although I am most comfortable with purposeful and inclusive, I feel that I have learned and developed the other three as well and I hope I can get comfortable with them as I am with these two.










2 comments:

  1. Shatia,
    I really liked how you took inclusiveness past just the idea and actually explained how you include all different races into your friend group! It's awesome to see all your different friends hanging out together and more people should reach out like you have! And I completely agree, if college didn't have a purpose, it would just be a stresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blog totally beats my blog! I really liked how you talked about college, and in which you bring up the question of how many people would go and spend money if is there was no purpose. Also, your statement about how people will find purpose one day is exactly what I believe! You make me want to go back and edit my blog (lol)

    ReplyDelete